- Basic concept
In principle, the personal information provided on the Award and the Website shall be used only for the purpose of use specified in each.
- Scope of information to be collected
(1) GOOD DESIGN AWARD
When applying for the Award, JDP asks applicants to provide their name, company name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. When using the various services related to the Award, JDP may ask users to provide their name, company name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.
(2) Contact form
When using the Contact form, JDP asks users to provide their name and e-mail address. JDP also asks users to provide their company name voluntarily.
(3) Access log
The Website records the information of visitors to the Website as an access log. The access log contains information such as the IP address of the visitor, host name, browser name used, and access date and time, but does not contain information that can identify individuals.
Cookies can be disabled by changing browser settings. However, please note that if cookies are disabled, some contents of the Website may be displayed incorrectly. For more information on how to change cookie settings, please consult the browser's helpdesk or the manufacturer.
* About Google Analytics
If users wish to disable the collection of information by Google Analytics, they can do so by setting up an opt-out from the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on provided by Google.
Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=ja)
- Purpose of collecting and using information
(1) GOOD DESIGN AWARD i. To inform applicants of information related to the application for the Award. ii. To make necessary communications for the operation of the Award screening. iii. To send materials, invoices, and goods requested by applicants related to the Award. iv. To provide information on events related to the Award. v. To make necessary contact in the promotion and publicity activities of the Award.
For other purposes similar to or related to the above.
(2) Contact form
To respond to inquiries from applicants and website visitors.
(3) Access log
For statistical analysis of the maintenance management and usage of the Website.
(4) Cookies i. To display the appropriate content when browsing the Website and logging into the Award Entry Site. ii. For statistical analysis of the maintenance management and usage of the Website. iii. To distribute, display, and measure the effectiveness of advertisements of JDP or third parties.
- Change of purpose of use
1. JDP shall change the purpose of use of personal information only if it is reasonably considered that the purpose of use is related to the purpose before the change. 2. If JDP changes the purpose of use, it will notify the relevant person of the changed purpose or publish it on the Website in the manner prescribed by it.
- Provision of personal information to third party
JDP will not provide personal information to any third party (including a party located outside of Japan) without the prior consent of the applicant, except in the following cases. This does not apply to the following cases where there is a need to provide the information to a third party (including a party located outside of Japan).
(1) When JDP entrusts the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use. (2) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person. (3) Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person. (4) When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- Disclosure of the personal information
If JDP is requested to disclose personal information, it will disclose it to the person without delay. However, if such disclosure falls under any of the following items, JDP may choose not to disclose all or part of the information. If JDP decides not to disclose the information, it shall notify the person to that effect.
(1) If it is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party. (2) When it is likely to seriously interfere with the proper conduct of the business of JDP. (3) If JDP otherwise violates laws or regulations.
Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information shall not be disclosed in principle.
- Correction and deletion of personal information
(1) If the applicants' personal information in the possession of JDP is incorrect, applicants may request JDP to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as making a “Correction, etc.”) their personal information in accordance with procedures prescribed by JDP. (2) When JDP receives a request from an applicant as described in the preceding paragraph and decides it is necessary to comply with the request, it shall make a Correction, etc. of the personal information without delay. (3) If JDP makes a Correction, etc. pursuant to the preceding paragraph or decides not to make a Correction, etc., it shall notify the applicant of the decision without delay.
- Suspension of use, etc. of personal information
(1) If JDP is requested by a person to discontinue using or delete (hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of Use, etc.” or “Suspend the Use, etc.”) his/her personal information on the grounds that the personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that the personal information was acquired by fraudulent means, it will conduct necessary investigations without delay. (2) If JDP determines that it needs to comply with the request based on the results of the investigation in the preceding paragraph, it will Suspend the Use, etc. of the relevant personal information without delay. (3) If JDP Suspends the Use, etc. pursuant to the provision of the preceding paragraph or decides not to Suspend the Use, etc., it shall notify the applicant of the suspension without delay. (4) Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if the Suspension of Use, etc. requires a large amount of expenses or if it is otherwise difficult to conduct the Suspension of Use, etc., and if necessary alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of applicants, JDP shall take such alternative measures.
- Inquiry contact
For inquiries, please contact the following contact point.
Address: 5th Floor, Tokyo Midtown Tower, 9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Company name: Japan Institute of Design Promotion (JDP)
Department in charge: Business Division
Contact Form Address: https://www.g-mark.org/help/
April 1, 2022