Important points to evaluate housing architecture (2020.05.19)
Good Design Award 2019 evaluates housing architecture entries with following 2 categories.
The judgement will be executed with the following points respectively.
Unit 14 Housing (personal residence, small sized apartment)
Judges: Yui Tezuka (leader), Yasuo Omi, Manabu Chiba, Kentaro Yamazaki, Gary Chang
- Suggestions for the social or local issues
- Suggestions for lifestyle
- Consideration for the landscape and social environment formation
- Suggestion details of standardization (especially for industrialized housing)
- Versatility details of personalization (especially for the detached house by architect)
- Additional values and its reflection to the physical design
- Re-definition of the private space
Unit 15 Housing (medium to large sized housing complex)
Judges: Satoko Shinohara (leader), Jun Inokuma, Yuka Komada, Teppei Fujiwara
- The appropriate way to form good relationship with surroundings (in terms of the consideration for landscape and social environment formation)
- Community building program in the housing complex or the surroundings
- Suggestions and considerations to the common space
- Suggestions to the exclusively owned space
- New challenge as the housing complex
- Considerations to the natural environment
- Considerations for the maintenance and preservation of the function
- Business impact to the competitors (whether it is going to be the model in the industry, solution for the social issues)
The originality and quality of the design expression and planning in the house are basic evaluation points of two units.